Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Homemade Hamburger buns

I have been making my own hamburger buns now that I am on a budget, and sometimes the buns just don't fit into my budget.  So I have learned how to work around it by making my own with everything I have in my home, and of course with my loved bread machine!  Here is the recipe:

HAMBURGER BUNS

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter/margarine, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

In Bread Machine pan, place the first 7 ingredients.  Select dough setting.  When cycle is completed, turn dough onto lightly floured surface and punch down.  Divide dough in half.  Roll each portion to 3/4 inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.  Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush tops with melted butter.  Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.  Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Happy Baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment